2 large (246 g) zucchini
2 tablespoons butter
3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup broccoli
6 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 stalk green onion
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and cut the zucchini you’re using in half lengthwise. The longer the zucchini the better for this recipe.
2. Using a spoon, scoop out most of the zucchini until you’re left with a shell about ½ – 1 cm thick.
3. Pour 1 tbsp. of melted butter into each zucchini boat, season with salt/pepper and place them in the oven. This allows the zucchini to cook down a little while you prepare the filling. This should take about 20 minutes.
4. Shred your rotisserie chicken using two forks to pull the meat apart. Measure out 6 oz. and put the rest in the refrigerator for another meal.
5. Cut up your broccoli florets until they’re bite sized.
6. Combine the chicken and broccoli with sour cream to keep them moist and creamy. Season in this step as well.
7. Once the zucchini has had a chance to cook, take them out and add your chicken and broccoli filling.
8. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of your chicken and broccoli and pop them back into the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browning.
9. Garnish with chopped green onion and enjoy with more sour cream or mayo!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Broccoli Chicken Zucchini Boats